Need some quick and easy ways to clean and brighten your home and office for the season? Here are six simple things you can do right now to add some sparkle to your holiday cleaning routine.
1. Use the Right Products. During the busy holiday season, every extra moment of free time counts. And though you may think that using an all-purpose cleaner saves you time, it may actually have the opposite effect. Using an all-purpose cleaner is fine for some surfaces, but can be damaging to others like wood, marble, and unique finishes. Using the right products for the right surfaces will prolong their life and prevent damage while also saving you time and money.
2. Spruce up the Entryway. During the holidays, welcome guests by making sure that the entryway is clean and inviting. Take a few moments to step back and walk through your door with a fresh set of eyes. Start with giving the doormat a good shake, wiping down the front door, and dusting the floors. Be sure windows are clean and streak free.
3. Deep Clean the Kitchen. Some of the sweetest holiday memories are made in your kitchen. Prepare it by making sure it’s clean and organized. Look beyond the counters and refrigerator to the areas that don’t get used every day. Dust the light fixtures, deodorize the sink drain with baking soda and vinegar and purge the pantry.
4. Freshen up Fabrics. Make your guests feel so comfortable they won’t ever want to leave. Clean seat cushions, wash pillows and shampoo the rugs and carpets so that the fresh and clean scent of winter is carried in doors. To avoid irritating sensitive noses, choose mild detergents that add a fresh scent without being overwhelming. And take the time to spot clean items that are too large to immerse.
5. Don’t Neglect the Bathroom: Be prepared to accommodate the rush of holiday visitors by making sure your bathrooms are clean at all times. Stock up on extra supplies to avoid last minute shopping trips and consider adding small luxuries like lotion and tissues to help combat the negative effects of cold weather. With more guests, you’ll want to clean and sanitize your bathroom more frequently.
6. Bring Bold Scents: Create a sensory experience for your guests by using fresh greenery aromatic spices or oils to make your rooms smell of holiday happiness. Consider using natural and DIY products in exchange for artificial scents. Place the dishes, jars, and/or bowls of fragrance in strategic places that will give your whole environment a warm, inviting feeling. Plan to replace your arrangements every week or two to keep them going strong.
During this busy season or any time of year, if you’re looking for a commercial cleaning company to assess your specific commercial janitorial needs and match the right team to your facility, call us today 609.714.0426!
If you enjoyed this article, please pass it on.